Saturday, July 25, 2009

Making Origami Swan


Origami: How To Make An Origami Swan


I wonder sometimes how to make origami forms, a Japanese technique of folding a paper. This is not my skills or talent. I would rather pound the keypad of the computer. I could type fast than folding a piece of paper to make a structure out of it. It's funny that being a mom I should teach my kids about arts. With this modern technologies and computer mania, my kids are smarter than me. It's a fact nowadays. Yet, even thou we are growing old just like me (I have to admit that growing graciously) we have to learn more and more. Meaning, we have to be jack of all trades master of all. Making origami forms like swan, crane, airplane, box, etc is a good past time at home. It sharpens our memory, skills and ability to form a structure.

Watch this video on how to make origami swan. This is famous among us Filipinos.