Saturday, December 5, 2009

DIETHER OCAMPO GRACE READER'S DIGEST COVER

Handsome Philippine Actor, Diether Ocampo or "Diet" as fondly called by all sundry, covers Reader's Digest for December 2009. He is the third Filipino to have the honor to cover Reader's Digest after Manny Pacquiao and Michael V.

Ocampo is not being recognized for his main occupation. Rather, the feature is for his philanthropic work through his “Kabataang Inyong Dapat Suportahan” (K.I.D.S.) Foundation.

In the cover story dubbed “My Wish for New Year,” Ocampo reveals that he established the charity as a reflection of his own childhood, admitting that he came from humble beginnings himself.

“I haven’t forgotten that I come from a poor family,” the ABS-CBN contract star told Reader’s Digest Asia. “This [fact] keeps me grounded and grateful for what I have today.”

We are proud of you Diet. Stay your feet firm on the ground.